Monday, December 25, 2017

Not Quite 12 Days of Blogging: Watched Some Star Wars on Christmas Day



Before I begin, I want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas!


Took Christmas Eve off from blogging and considered doing the same for Christmas Day. However, I ended up by doing do something blog-related and that was watch some Star Wars I never watched before!


Now I didn't consider what I watched as a waste of time although I felt it inconsequential. Nor did I feel it was an affront to all things Star Wars. Pretty much something I would only watch once a year for the holidays.


No I am not talking Last Jedi nor the prequels. 'Holiday' is a clue.


If you guessed the Star Wars Holiday Special, you guessed right!


For those, like me, who had never seen the Star Wars Holiday Special it is available online such as Youtube.


Heck, for easy viewing if you have a little more than 90 minutes to watch the only Star Wars Holiday Special here it is:




There is a higher video quality version available to but this is the version that came up when I performed a quick search.


I can now cross the Star Wars Holiday Special off my Star Wars bucket list. While I appreciate the attempt to flesh out a galaxy far, far away, I am rather glad it's not canonical. Does contain the first appearance of Boba Fett and worth watching for that reason alone.


Think I am ready to see The Last Jedi soon now...


Since the holiday season lasts longer than today as the Christmas season doesn't end until January 6th, I may very well continue my Not Quite 12 Days until either the 6th or I hit the twelfth installment. However, I'll reserve such distinction for X-Mas or Star Wars related fare. Will be just another blog entry otherwise.


Happy Holidays!


Next time.







No comments: