Saturday, December 23, 2017

Not Quite 12 Days of Blogging: My Decision on Digital Palladium Christmas Surprise Package



Time for my fifth installment of my Not Quite 12 Days of Blogging. Not going to do a song format this time as it really doesn't apply. If you haven't read the previous entries, here are: Day One, Day Two, Day Three, and Day Four. Today's entry concerns my decision regarding Palladium Book's first ever Digital Christmas Surprise Package.


If you didn't see an earlier entry I made this month, the digital surprise package is submitting a wish list of Palladium Book RPG sourcebooks available as PDFs (and maybe EPUB too) on Drive Thru RPG. The surprise package would be a great way for me to get books I already own in print form. Plus, for games I don't actively play, I'm moving toward digital books as opposed to physical ones. So unless the book is extra spiffy, digital is my preferred.


Well, the deadline for the digital surprise package is midnight the 24th. So time zone-wise, you may still have time.


As I blog this, I am mere minutes away.


Unfortunately, I have not ordered anything from Palladium Books in years. During that time, they changed their storefront. While my log in works for the megaversal forums, it does not for the storefront. I don't know if they have an old email address or if I would need to recreate my account from scratch.


I am not troubling myself to create an account - complete with mailing address - for digital books. I already have an account with Drive Thru. If I could fill out a wish list through Drive Thru, I would be regaling you all with my wish list right now.


Therefore, I won't be participating in the first Digital Christmas Surprise Package from Palladium Books this year. I am actually flummoxed.


Suppose I shouldn't have waited until the very last hour before trying my old account.


That being said, I may very well order a traditional surprise package with the new year. I consider that worthy of creating a new account.


So maybe next year I will participate in the second.


Regardless, Happy Gaming!


Next time.

No comments: