Thursday, June 12, 2008

Tuesday Night Game Thoughts 6/10/08

Due to my work schedule, my gaming time is limited. Luckily, my schedule has Tuesday off regularly enough that I can reliably game on that day. My gaming group alternates between an AD&D first edition and a Pathfinder game every week. Our latest session was the first edition game where I am a player. Periodically, I'll post my thoughts on each game session along with the occasional session write up.



Overall, not much happened at the latest game session in the game itself due to a late start and discussion on 4E. In a nutshell, a couple of the players gathered information and then along with some extra muscle provided by the local lords we travelled until ambushed by bandits. Now, one of the purposes of the mission was to get evidence that there were indeed bandits. Due to the luck of dice and not bad tactics we succeeded without any casualties on our side. It helped that we weren't surprised. Unfortunately, we still haven't rescued one of our party members. The fight was to draining to continue on. We do have proof now so we have credibility with the local lords.



My thoughts:

I don't have too much to comment on. By the time we started I was in too much of a mood for action aka combat in order to role-play. From that perspective, I was fortunate as the ambush encounter provided all the action I needed as it took up the rest of the session. Ironically, I didn't directly contribute as one of my characters was too busy healing fellow party members while the other was stealthfully circling around one groups flank. By the time that character got there the combat only lasted another two rounds. All in all, I had fun.



Next week, I'll discuss my thoughts on that weeks Pathfinder game. I run that particular game where the players are exploring the Whispering Cairn as part of the Age of Worms.

No comments: