Monday, June 16, 2008

Pathfinder Table Rules

Mike Mearl's posting of his TOEE-inspired game's table rules has inspired me to post the table rules I plan to implement for my Pathfinder Age of Worms game. (Quick aside - still getting used to some of the features so I don't know how to link yet.) Table rules are simply rules for running the game outside the game.

The table rules are:
1) Alternating weeks comprised of 3 to 4 hours necessitate that the game start as soon as possible. If you're going to be late (in practice after 7pm), please inform me. By informing me, I don't mean telling me two weeks out. Please tell me either Monday or Tuesday.

2) As this is part of the massive open playtest, rules arguements will occur. Please keep it as non-confrontational as possible. I'd prefer it if we discuss the dispute in depth either after the session or before the next session starts.

3) Out-of-game chatter is normal and part of the fun of gaming. Please minimize it as much as possible. Along those lines, please save the discussion of polarizing topics until game ends or begins.

4) Please don't make snide references to the other players as in-character remarks no matter how well its fit in. Once was funny. Subsequent times less so.

More table rules may follow.

No comments: