Monday, January 15, 2018

Marvel Digital Unlimited Saga: The Background for my Discontent



A week ago, I blogged my unboxing of my Marvel Digital Unlimited Plus package of goodies that I received as part of a Christmas gift. During which, I hinted at some feelings of discontentment. Today, I explain the background of such. So if you desire to know why I am perturbed with Marvel about gift subscription and how it pertains to my current subscription, read on. Otherwise, next time.


A brief aside, I decided to become a Marvel Insider (more as a lark than anything else). Saw one method of gaining points is to subscribe to Marvel Digital Unlimited. Uh, hello. I am subscribed. Reason my Marvel account exist. My point tally doesn't include it. Click on the tab. Greeted with the 'subscribe to Marvel Digital Unlimited!' page. Hmm. Repeat three more times. Quickly reminded of the saying 'repeating something over and over again expecting different results is the definition of insanity'. Suffice it to say, Marvel Insider doesn't count my current subscription to Marvel Digital Unlimited. So I would need to subscribe again?


I am feeling perplexed. Then I decide to check on uprgrading my existing subscription. Check how much time is left. Forgot I renewed it several months after it expired. Hmm, wonder how Marvel will reconcile this?


Then, I check the upgrade page.


Read the section on upgrading. Read it again.


'Please call our Customer Care Office...'


What?! Are you kidding!


You could say I am a little discontented.


Really want to use my X-mas gift subscription sooner than later. Calling Marvel is not high among my desires, however. The gift code is a long series of symbols one may not be able to tweet under Twitter's old 140 character restriction. How in the blazes am I going to say that on the phone without anyone messing it up?


So should cancel my current subscription? The one with time remaining, Heck, how long can the gift subscription remain dormant? Can I turn my subscription off and back on albeit as a shinier model?


Now, I am feeling more than a little discontented.


I admit I have yet to either call Marvel or research cancelling subscriptions.


I am steeling myself. Yeah, that it.


So think of this as an example of the joys that await with upgrading one's Marvel Digital Unlimited Subscription with a gift subscription.


My next installment should be much, much more happier.


Next time.



No comments: