Sunday, December 23, 2018

12 Blogs of December Day 4: Non-seasonal X-Mas Entries and Star Wars Radio Dramas Redux



On Tuesday, I declared I would do a '12 Blogs of December' in homage to the '12 Days of Christmas'. Looked at the calendar and realized I would need to blog every day from now until the 31st to meet my goal! Better get to blogging, I guess.


My original intention way back earlier in the year was to do a compilation post including every 'X-Mas'-related blog post I made AFTER the Christmas season. Back then, I was envisioning many reviews from Marvel Digital Unlimited. Maybe reading some Christmas comics. Watch some movies and television shows containing Christmas elements. Kind of like Halloween, didn't quite happen. Unlike Halloween, I did post some out-of-season X-Mas content. Furthermore, my Marvel Digital Unlimited gift subscription was activated a couple months AFTER the holiday season. So... next year may be a completely different story.


Also, while I had stated I wasn't necessarily going to go heavy on Star Wars blogging, i.e. no Star Wars movie debuted this month, I did discover a curious thing scrolling through my 'X-Mas' label in preparation of today's compilation post. All the YouTube videos containing the Star Wars Radio Dramas were kaput...


The YouTube account had been cancelled...? Doesn't exist anymore? Regardless, the videos I had inserted no longer do what I inserted them for. Playback the three Star Wars Radio Dramas. Just another example that Internet and permanence are murky...


Fret not! I quick search on YouTube revealed another YouTuber has re-uploaded their own edit of the Star Wars Radio Audio Dramas!


For posterity's sake, here they are:


Star Wars: A New Hope






Star Wars: Empire Strikes Back








Star Wars: Return of the Jedi


Blogger won't let me insert the video directly from YouTube, i.e. won't pop up on the search, so I'll provide a link instead. Here it is.


With that out of the way, here are the out of season X-Mas posts:


Palladium Books did a Christmas in July special when they offered their Christmas Surprise Package. I hadn't ordered one in years so finally I did so. Took pics of the goodies and autographs. Take a peek if you so choose.


The other non-seasonal X-Mas blogging I did during 2018 was the Marvel Digital Unlimited Upgrade Saga, which ran from the Unboxing all the way to the resolution of upgrading from an annual membership to a gift membership. I would love to say it was only a mere two-step saga; but it wasn't. There were three posts between them as I discovered upgrading wouldn't be simple, then I realized I couldn't upgrade by myself, and lastly the call to Customer Service I made to remedy the situation. In retrospect, the experience was incredibly humbling and if others can learn from experience, the better.


Therein, ends Day 4. Maybe tomorrow, I'll try to emulate the song.


Next time!





No comments: