Monday, February 12, 2018

Marvel Digital Upgrade Saga: The Call



Been a month since I last blogged about the saga of upgrading my Marvel Digital Unlimited subscription with gift subscription I received for Christmas.. A month? Sigh... So, I procrastinated over the next installment: calling the Customer Care Center about the upgrade.


Today. I placed that call.


Overall, the call went pleasantly well. Sure, I was placed on hold a couple times. However, the music was decent enough and the hold didn't last too long while the rep was resolving the issue.

The biggest hiccup was the representative didn't know how to upgrade an existing subscription to a Marvel Digital Unlimited Plus subscription with a gift subscription. Basically, my biggest concern and why I procrastinated as long as I did...

In order to make the switch, they had to cancel my subscription then key in the gift code. Reading the gift code out loud wasn't as bad as I imagined.

And bam. My subscription was cancelled and told the gift subscription was pending. Kind of surreal that. Even more surreal is my access was originally supposed to renew in April. Despite the cancellation, I can read comics via digital unlimited still. Once one cancels a Marvel Digital Unlimited subscription, access lasts until the subscription would have ended anyway.

Was told the gift subscription would require a couple days to take effect. So it feels like my account is in a post-cancellation limbo. Hence, why I titled this entry "The Call" and not the resolution due to the pending nature of the gift subscription Plus account.

Anyway, my Marvel Digital Upgrade Saga is effectively ended. Rather pleased with how smooth the transition was. Kind of laughing at myself over how much of a mountain of an ant hill I made of the situation.

However, as the gift subscription is still pending, I consider this the penultimate installment in the saga. Perhaps, I will celebrate the finale with a reading?

As an aside, I wonder what I will do once the gift subscription ends. A thought for another day.

Happy Reading!

Next time.


No comments: