Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Marvel Digital Unlimited Upgrade Saga: The Saga Has Ended



Well, folks. I said I would blog about when the saga of upgrading my annual Marvel Digital Unlimited subscription to a Marvel Digital Unlimited Plus gift subscription was completed. Thus, the saga being over.


Today, I can say my gift subscription has begun!


Okay, technically, it began yesterday but I noticed it today. While in my mind my gift subscription began on Valentine's Day 2018, it began on the 13th. Haven't quite read anything yet as I was more exuberant that I didn't have to keep check if the Plus status started or not. Speaking of which, there's a shiny digital card too! Also, in my defense, today is also new comics day at FLGCS everywhere. Ergo, I went on my comics buying pilgrimage.


A couple observations about the gift subscriptions:


One, it's truly denoted as a gift subscription. An end date is clearly visible; and there is not auto-renewal.


Two, as I stated before, the gift subscription isn't cumulative with an existing annual subscription. Or at least upgrading from a standard to a plus isn't...


Third, delaying activation of the gift subscription by about a month and a half didn't reduce the amount of time the subscription lasts. A full year of Plus membership remains. Okay, minus a day given I didn't notice yesterday...


So, the drama of upgrading my membership has ended. I endeavor to read more of the comics available on Marvel Digital Unlimited than I have in the past. Really haven't read as much as I should which is why losing my old annual membership roughly two months early doesn't sting as much as it should.


Happy Reading!


Next time.







No comments: