Sunday, December 30, 2018

12 Blog Posts of December Day 11 - Status of 2018 Goals and Goals for 2019



Tomorrow, Will be the obligatory rundown of all 12 Blog Posts of December. Unlike last year's December 31st post, I won't be doing a Year In Review/New Year's Resolutions entry. More than later. Instead, I am doing that today.


So how'd I do my goals for 2018:


Read more: This one was more of a traditional New Year's Resolution as I started out strong, but finished weak. Unless you don't count topics I wouldn't cover on my blog, then I actually did read more.


GoComics & Comics Kingdom/ read more comics strips: I did indeed buy a Royal subscription to Comics Kingdom. Regarding GoComics/Comics Kingdom, this is another example where I started out strong; but eventually I wouldn't say read hordes of comic strips from both sources daily. Granted, during December I did start reading the Amazing Spider-Man newspaper strip regularly again. Kind of hard not to if you're checking for Stan Lee's credit. However, I did read more comic strips. A LOT more comic strips. Joined a comic strips Facebook strip; and read all sorts of comics strips especially holiday/seasonal such as July 4th and Christmas. Discovered old gems like Captain Easy too.


Watch Royal Rumble & WrestleMania: While I didn't watch the former, I did watch the latter. Next year, I will probably view the Royal Rumble.


Britbox account - Nope. As much as I desire to scratch my Classic Dr, Who itch, I never did sign up for a Britbox account. Frankly, I've discovered I have a limit regarding streaming services and Britbox simply might be one too many. If it happens during 2019, it happens.


Learn how to include pictures of covers within my blog posts - Yep, I did teach myself how to insert photos into my blog posts. Heck, some of my blog posts are basically, 'hey, look at my photos!'


Goals for 2019


I've actually already started on some of these:


Reduce the number of comic titles I purchase:


 Between all the new Marvel publishing initiatives and DC Rebirth, I added WAY more comic titles than I could ever keep up. Because comics are ordered two months out, I've already cut some titles. My plan is to cut even more comic titles from pull list once I...


Read and Review more comics


 I say this every year it seems. However, 2018 demonstrated I need to actually do it to...


Reduce my collection


I've acquired quite the collection. Unfortunately, I've reached the age where I realize I can't keep everything anymore. Plus, much of it bulk..


Watch more wrestling - Do have a WWE Network account...


Actually write my game session reports and insert whatever pictures I took with them


Been taking notes for quite some time. It's about time I start blogging them. In fact, my goal is to start now. Plus, due to the miracle of technology, I have started taking pictures when applicable!


One more day...


Next time.

No comments: