Saturday, June 4, 2016

30 Years of Dark Horse Comics Part One: DHC Solicitations for August '16 Highlights

2016 marks an important milestone. Dark Horse Comics reaches its 30 year anniversary this year. Part of that celebration was that Dark Horse Comics decided that today, Saturday June 4th, was to be Dark Horse Day at participating retailers. Didn't get a chance to go to any participating retailers; however I decided to celebrate with one massive blog post.


Then I changed my mind. Instead, I'm splitting them into a series of posts. My first one will be what catches my eye from the June 2016 solicitations of books shipping in August and later. If you want to read them yourself, you can do so HERE.


And here we go...


(As always, inclusion does not mean that I'll buy the book.)
  • Abe Sapien 36 - Okay, I have never read nor collected this title. My familiarity of Abe is from the two Hellboy novels. However, it's the final issue of the series and concerns Abe's role in the Apocalypse. May read it at some point...
  • Archie Archives Volume 13 HC - A glorious hardcover that reprints classic Archie stories from his early years. For all you archivists out there.
  • Briggs Land #1 - A new series about an enclave anti-government secessionists whom in the rural stronghold are on the brink of in-fighting that may attract the attention the federal government. Wow. Talk about shades of political relevance. May just have to check this out...
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer Season 10 #30 - The final issue of Season 10! I've bought every issue. Alas, kept up not so much. Looking forward to the conclusion of the season.
  • Cages TP 2nd Edition - Its by the director of MirrorMask which I loved. Abstract graphic narrative strikes my fancy every now and then. Cages has been on my list for awhile. Don't know if this will be the time though.
  • The Fifth Beatle: The Brian Epstein Story Expanded Edition TP - Beatles fans may find this biography interesting as details the story of the aforementioned manager.
  • Halo: Tales from Slipspace HC - An original graphic novel that contains new stories set in the world of the video game series. For any Halo fans out there.
  • Kingsway West #1 (of 4) - Okay the final sentence of the solicitation says it all "Once upon a Time in the West meets Princess Mononoke." Now, that is cool. Don't know if I want the single issues or wait for the trade.
  • Moebius Library: The World of Edena HC - Moebius is one of those creators that I've never read. Affordable too for a European work.
  • World of Tanks #1 (of 5) - Garth Ennis writes this war comic set in the online game of World of Tanks. Another comic for the gamers out there.
More DH entries to come as well as my two cents on other publishers June/August offerings.

No comments: