Saturday, May 9, 2009

Serenity RPG: Greenhorn or Veteran?

One question that I have pondered is what level should the PC's in my Serenity game be. Big Damn Heroes is out of the question. So Greenhorn or Veteran. The six modules I have Heroic, or Veteran, as the default setting. None of the stats or difficulties will change if I allow Veteran PC's. On the other hand, Greenhorn level characters provide a sense of starting from scratch. The players will have a chance to play their characters from the beginning as opposed to "in the middle". The group could also have the captain emerge during play. That is something that should all ready be hammered out at Veteran level.

Fortunately, I have plenty of time to gather player input and decide. Personally, I'm leaning towards Veteran cause I don't have to do as much work. However, a bunch of Greenhorns is appealing...

1 comment:

TS said...

I think both options could be fun. Like you said Greenhorn allows for more character developement(sp) but Veteran allows you to throw the players directly into the action. And since that really didn't help a decision one way or another, I'll just be quiet now :)