Monday, May 25, 2009

"More than a Feeling" debate

There's been much discussion over the course of the weekend on whether the Old School movement is a defined set of games or just a feeling. This particular debate was sparked by a post by James M at Grognardia. James postulates that the movement has to be more than feelings. Since then I have seen two blog posts that have responded. Wondrous Imaginings, a blog I just added, argues that old school is defined by feelings. That comment can be found here. Bat in the Attic takes a middle of the road argument stating that its an attitude.

Personally, I agree with all three of them. Each blog provides a convincing argument. But then I'm not as invested in the OSR as some so I guess how its defined isn't as vital to me. I do find the debate interesting though.

No comments: