Sunday, April 5, 2009

Short Review: House of Mystery 11

At last, an actual review of a comic I have read. Today's comic up for discussion is House of Mystery 11. Granted, the discussion will be brief as per the headline this is a short review. Issue 11 is the start of a brand new story arc or trade paperback, for the cynical. The story arc is called The Space Between, which introduces the concept of the Space Between. The Space Between is a realm that exist between all worlds. In this issue we learn that there was a city that existed there. I won't spoil any of the details.

There's also two other threads running through this issue. These threads concern the nature of the House of Mystery itself and one characters attempts to escape through the means of the conception... Honestly, I can't comment too much on these threads as this is the first issue I have read. Was the issue accessible? Yes.

I have never been one capable of judging art. Suffice to say it tells the story and fits the atmosphere.

All in all, I give the issue a 3 out of 5 stars. Some neat ideas are introduced in this issue, some plot threads are advanced, and the new reader doesn't feel completly lost. I recommend House of Mystery #11 to anyone who doesn't mind jumping aboard after two stories have passed.

No comments: