Friday, October 27, 2017

Halloween '17: Walking Dead S6 Part 1 Marathon

Much I did while anticipating Halloween last year, I binge-watched a season of The Walking Dead. Okay, unlike last year, I did not engage in a marathon viewing of an entire season such as I did with Season 5. Started much too late to repeat my performance with Season 6; and there's still plenty of other shows, movies, and comics I want to experience this Halloween season. So I stopped with Episode 8 since that's around the time the show underwent hiatus. Also, I didn't record these episodes like I did Season 5. Instead, I watched Season 6 (what I will dub Part One) via Netflix. Since Netflix doesn't have commercials, my stream-of-conscious thoughts per episode will be from recall.


First Time Again
  • The black & white flashbacks were kind of neat from an experimental point of view. However, I would have preferred to see some of the scenes via color such as the grand shot of the walker herd pinned behind the two trailers.


JSS
  • Last year, I theorized that Ennid (or however you spell her name) was the daughter of the leader of the Whisperers based on some stuff I gleaned from the comics. Yeah, about that... I was wrong. Unless the flashbacks are misleading, Ennid most definitely isn't one of them.
  • So how'd the raw turtle she ate not sicken her?
  • Have to say the 'I won't kill anyone and all life is precious' Morgan is the perfect counter-balance to the 'the world is death, savagery, and no place for the civilized' of the Wolves.
  • Carol is badass.
Thank You
  • Michonne and Glen's interactions with the new Alexandrians was kind of neat.
  • Nothing ever goes smooth in Walking Dead-land.
  • Rick is a badass and how's he getting out of this one!
  • Similarly, how is Glen...
Here's Not Here
  • How Morgan transitioned from out-of-his-mind *ahem* clearer to the tranquil staff-wielding badass.
  • Eastman was pretty cool.
  • Of the eight episodes I marathoned over the last several days, I enjoyed this one the most.
Now
  • Hmm, I must've missed the part when Michonne and crew returned...
  • Clearly, Rick out-racing the walker herd from the RV won't be shown...
  • Talked about decomposed walkers! Wonder why no one noticed they were gone...
Always Accountable
  • Could the group of men be connected to Negan and the Saviors?
  • Tarp covered zombies.... Missed out those two were connected to the two girls.
  • Being dependent on insulin shots during a post-zombie apocalypse is not a good thing.
  • Talk about scorched earth!
  • Probably the best Abraham moment during the entire series! Wonder what he'll do with the rocket-propelled grenade!
  • Love recurring motifs such as oil & gas company.
Heads Up
  • Spencer is quite the loose cannon although him attempting to shimmy along the line was cool until the hook came loose.
  • Glenn surviving by crawling out from Nicholaus's corpse under the dumpster was kind of neat. Although I found it curious the walkers lost interest in him. Could it be too many dead walkers masked him?
  • One of these times the Glenn won't escape certain death. Like when Negan appears such as in the comic...
  • Yep, my Ennid theory is definitely wrong. Sigh.
  • That tower doesn't look too healthy... Speaking of which I didn't put two-and-two together that Spencer shot the driver and that's why the truck ran into the tower and not the wall.
  • And down it goes!
Start to Finish
  • Here's the zombie carnage we've been anticipating!
  • Not surprised Morgan defeated Carol as he's had training.
  • Hey, Eugene was useful! Lockpicking for the win.
  • Love the return of the zombie guts camouflage!
  • Negan is coming!
And thus ends my Halloween Walking Dead marathon. Since I have Netflix I am pretty sure I will watch the remainder of the season (already skimmed through Episode 9 *cough* *cough*) and Season 7 by next Halloween. Or who knows maybe I'll wait until next Halloween season to watch them. I certainly will blog about it though!


Only 4 more days until Halloween!


Next time.


No comments: