Saturday, October 28, 2017

Halloween '17: The OBS Jack O'lantern (and Other Iconography) Trick or Treats Are Back!

Every Halloween I look forward to OneBookShelf's (DriveThru Comics, DriveThru Fiction, DriveThru RPG) annual Trick or Treat Jack O'Lantern scavenger search. Last year, they ushered in other Halloween iconography such as ghosts and witch hats. Whereas during the early days there was a trick, there haven't been any the prior two years. While they have a 30% (or is it 31%) off sale on select titles, the Jack O'Lantern search is what I am most excited about. I do love free stuff!


So what goodies did I find on each site:




DriveThru Comics
  • The Tithe #1
  • Badabing Badaboom! - an RPG adventure...
  • Free Pumpkin Mounted Knights
  • Valiant Universe Handbook: 2015 Edition - There is the much talked about Valiant Cinematic Universe on the horizon...
  • Escape from Zombie Earth
  • Ghost Hackers




DriveThru Fiction
  • Apex Magazine #1
  • Fear Fetchers
  • Ghost Hackers
  • Free Pumpkin Mounted Knights
  • Trilogy of the Second Age: Chosen of the Sun (set within the world of the Exalted RPG)
  • Bag of Tricks (has a Pathfinder logo on it)




DriveThru RPG
  • Fiasco: Camp Death
  • Free Pumpkin Mounted Knights
  • Ghost Hackers
  • Age of Cthulhu 3: Shadows of Leningrad
  • Something Wicked Stirs
  • Snap Sites: Vamonos Pizza - a GM aid




Hmm, there's a couple duplicate goodies across all three sites. Guess, you can sort of call that a trick! Overall, a decent trick or treat haul if I do say so myself.


Don't know yet if I'll purchase any of the bundles available on each site nor take advantage of the 31% off sale. The Ravenloft sale on DM's Guild is the one certainty. In addition to classic Ravenloft supplements, all the Season 4 modules set in Barovia and thus thematically connected to the Curse of Strahd storyline for Adventurers League are on sale. DM's Guild doesn't often discount Adventurers League modules (about as rare as rolling a Natural 20 more than three times during a combat!) so its perfect opportunity to stock up. Suppose since I am plugging on online site's digital sale, Dark Horse Digital has three Halloween sales going on. Found both Eerie and Creepy Megabundles irresistible! Only drawback is they're tied to Dark Horse Digital; but I doubt I would ever have purchased them hardcopy...


Perhaps I will read these all by or during next (2018) Halloween! I can dream, I can dream. Haha!


Only three more days until Halloween!


Next Time.

No comments: