Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Charge it Marvel?!





Arriving home from work, I noticed I received mail from Marvel. You know the home of Spider-Man, Thor, Wolverine, and Howard the Duck? Yep, that Marvel. With baited excitement I pick up the envelop and discover... it is for a Marvel MasterCard.


Face it True Believers, apparently Marvel is getting into the credit card industry with MasterCard.


I scan it over and at first I think maybe it's a hoax. After all, one must apply online. Why would I want to do that? Normally, I throw out credit card offers. Only reason the envelop didn't immediately hit the wastebasket is because of the shiny Marvel logo.


I'll concede that the typical credit card boilerplate is present.


Both Marvel and MasterCard are presented via standard intellectual property.


Oh, Marvel Shop, digital comic sales, and Marvel Unlimited receive a cheap plug.


Okay, the Marvel MasterCard is probably legit. There's six designs one can pick from such as Awesome Mix to the Punisher skull to the Marvel Cinematic Universe heroes. I admit it would be cool while charging a purchase to mentally go 'Make Mine Marvel!' Plus, I could have a dedicated card for both comic purchases and Marvel Unlimited. The comics geek in me sees the potential.


Of course, I am just thinking out loud. Seeing this offer among my mail just struck my sense of novelty. Don't usually blog about comic book-branded credit cards after all!


So the next time you get ready to pay for something, you can charge it and make it Marvel.


And that is today's bit of whimsy.


Next time.

No comments: