Sunday, October 1, 2017

Apparently, Hulu's Marvel Animated Shows Are Leaving Later This Month

When I first returned to Hulu after a several years' hiatus, I added a slew of (vintage) Marvel animated shows to my watch list. The nineties Fox Kids shows Spider-Man, Spider-Man Unlimited, and X-men. X-Men Evolution and Iron Man: Armored Avenger too. X-Men Evolution has been available on Hulu for about as long as the streaming service existed.


My intent was to watch those shows much like a stroll down nostalgia lane at my leisure. Other shows took priority. Mostly because many were expiring. There's certain irony here...


A couple days ago I checked the expiring section of my watch list which is my custom. Lo and behold, all the aforementioned Marvel Animated shows are set to expire! I scroll over and discover that as of this moment, all those shows are supposed to leave Hulu on the 10th. Of October.


Okay, okay, I have observed Hulu will push the expiration of show past the initial date by weeks or a couple months. In theory, I could binge watch a show or two.


The problem is other than Spider-Man Unlimited those other shows ran twenty-plus episodes. I ain't got time to binge-watch all of 'em! There's other shows that I don't want to eventually play the same game as the expiring-priority game is a zero-sum game indeed. Furthermore, the new television season has begun. Hulu is like a back up DVR and provided I view an episode in a timely manner an indirect way of influencing ratings. So unfortunately, I won't be making an effort to watch any of the classic (boy I feel old writing this!) Marvel Animated shows on Hulu.


Hopefully, the notice that Spider-Man, Spider-Man Unlimited, X-Men, X-Men Evolution, and Iron Man: Armored Avenger is expiring on the 10th of October (or later during the month) is meant to boost viewings on the shows can remain on Hulu for a little bit longer. Or return.


Don't believe Disney's proposed streaming service is starting anytime soon...


Next Time

No comments: