Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Taking a Breather From Previews Highlights

Mid-July is almost here. Soon the July for September Previews Order will be due. Within a week or two the very articles that I use as the basis for my commentary on the various comic book companies will appear online. While I got a head start last month, I'm still about a half way. Being half way done, or not having begun, hasn't deterred me before. I still wrote my two cents on the latest solicitations. However, I decided to take a breather for a month or two. Don't get me wrong. Who doesn't like ranting or raving about the next new thing? Absolutely love that I may be exposing people to comics that may not know about simply because either they don't have time or don't regularly pay attention to comics news.


In the spirit of the highlights, here's my reasons:
  • Within a week or two, the next new wave of solicitations will hit the interwebs. Finishing one, month's and then doing another month's is repetitive and...
  • Exhausting. I've elaborated before but it's tiring to quip about solicitations. Feels even more tiring to turn around and so again within a couple weeks.
  • Part of the gimmick is that I comment on solicitations. Well, the Previews catalog has arrived. Image has released its Image+ which includes sample pages and further interviews. Right now, comic publishers are starting to discuss things in depth. For what is simply a yay or nay on ad copy that's far too much information. Also feels a bit late.
  • Publishing events such as Rebirth and Marvel Now, which while they shake things up challenge me to provide my two cents. How can I give an opinion on something I might change my mind once it hits the stands? Actually plan on ranting about Now in a later post...
  • Along similar lines, I'm going to endeavor to provide more reviews. Solicitations commentary is a quick easy way to hype books; but I want to hype books that I feel deserve, or don't deserve, the hype right now.
  • I have several gaming-related posts that await in the pipeline. This frees me to work on those.
  • To post every entry that I want to post leads me to post every day. While I've blogged a number of days consecutively, those intense periods of blogging activity are followed by long chunks of inactivity. I'd rather spread things it out. In that regards, I feel either I write about solicitations or blog about other stuff.
I hope to return to blogging about solicitations copy. Perhaps I will during September or after the Marvel Now quiets down or the next new Marvel publishing event.

No comments: