Saturday, July 30, 2016

A Decade of the Voice of the Daleks Influencing the Doctor

Another historic milestone has been reached in the world of Doctor Who. As I would like to say, the voice of the daleks has been influencing the adventures of the Doctor for a decade... Okay, I know what you're thinking. That this is a new Moffat revelation. I'm not referring to a new Doctor Who plotline. The influence affects older Doctors. Sigh... not more Moffat revisionism. No, I am talking Nicholas Briggs. For those whom may not follow the nuts & bolts of Doctor Who production, Nicholas Briggs provides the voice for the daleks. So every time a dalek proclaims that they are the superior beings, you are hearing Nicholas Briggs.


So how has Nicholas Briggs been influencing the adventures of older doctors? Why, he's been an Executive Producer over at Big Finish for a decade. He's contributed to further adventures of the 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, and 8th Doctors. He's played a big part with Dalek Empire (which includes David Tennant's (10th Doc) first Doctor Who acting credit). Okay, this link HERE does a far better job explaining his contributions over Big Finish than I ever could.


There's also an anniversary special that offers discounts on some his work. May pick up one or two his Doctor Who audios myself. Provided I remember my password and time zones don't confuse me...

No comments: