Thursday, August 6, 2009

To Play Or Not To Play Magic...on Monday

The other day a buddy of mine from high school told me how excited he was about his first draft experience with Magic the Gathering. Anyone who has ever drafted knows how daunting it can be. The first time is generally less than stellar. Well, my old high school buddy was happy that he placed somewhere in the middle. Looking back, that doesn't surprise me. Winning with a bunch of commons and uncommons was one of his strengths.

He suggested that since he may be drafting more that I also attend the Monday drafts. Since M10, the latest magic set, brought back some old favorites (Black Knight, Lightning Bolt), the offer was tempting. However, this Monday that was not to be. I was really itching to see Public Enemies. Alas, that was not to be either. I ate so much for supper that I didn't feel like driving. (Coincidentally, I couldn't read much of anything either which didn't help the Serenity prep.) The next Monday or two may pose a problem as well. I plan on watching the Gi Joe movie as well as Public Enemies. Although the latter is unlikely as its doubtful it will still be in theaters in two weeks.

Once more there is a chance I'll play Magic again. I guess we'll see.

No comments: