Monday, July 13, 2009

Links to some neat blog posts

Another light post. I figured I'd provide some links to some blog posts I liked on the blogsphere.

Luck a neat OSRIC/1E/other earlier D&D simulacra house rule from Mike Mearls - Does I nice job of spicing up what would otherwise be an "aw shucks" moment. Also, not unbalancing.

A quick crit rule - an elegantly simple rule from RPG Blog II. Definately beats rolling on random tables.

Brave Halfling Publishing abandons OSR - read this on Beyond the Black Gate Blog. Find it interesting the BHP is leaving the Old School Rennaissance publishing. Although I can understand why given the reasons provided...

The Problem with Weapon Proficiencies - a well-written arguement against weapon proficiencies courtesy of Beyond the Black Gate.

Herculoids converted to AD&D stats - I'm always a sucker for pop culture character adaptations to game rules. For fans of the Herculoids here's a link to link. Haven't actually gone to the specific link yet...

No comments: