Saturday, June 27, 2009

Serenity RPG: Missed something in char gen

Just recently, I poured through most of PC's character sheets when I noticed something. Granted I didn't notice it right away. When I read the Athletics asset description, I realized two things. One, the asset requires the player to pick a specialization. Two, the description of the major version requires a GM adjudication.

Murphy's Law being what it is I didn't realize during character creation that the two players who chose the Athletics asset didn't pick a specialty. So those two will have to do so. The real problem is that I didn't make judgement call on the major version. That's one of the problems that stem from the fact that the game is still new to me. One of the players did in fact buy the major version. Hence, I need to make a ruling. Fortunately, such a ruling is simple. I am ruling that the major version applies only to the chosen skill specialty. Why? Cause otherwise it becomes a very powerful asset. Otherwise, why pick the minor version?

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Good call. Each incarnation of the Cortex System rules gets a bit more clear and straightforward. The only major change is the way we've handled traits. Hope you have fun with your game!

** Jamie