Saturday, January 31, 2009

Good/Bad Gaming News 1

I figured I might as well mention two tidbits I have learned today that pertains to gaming. One is good news, the other is bad news. To me anyway.

Bad news first. Over on a Marvel/DC TCG discussion group some bad news has come to light. Apparently, UDE has ended its Versus card game. I really liked VS and thought it had potential. Unfortunately, the card gamers in my area didn't adopt. Those that did slowly stopped playing it, myself included. Personally, I stopped playing due to both my availability and lack of local players. However, I continued to follow the game on a discussion group. Then, an 'official' site appeared. As I wasn't playing I solely relied on the discussion group for any connection to VS. Alas, participation waned on the group. For all intents and purposes, VS was dead to me. The news of its cancellation is more of a final nail in a coffin. Still bad news.

Now for some good news. While at work, I found out that the new week three schedule was posted. Normally, I have to wait for the weekend for a new third week schedule. So I was surprised. I was even more surprised, pleasantly so, that my third week schedule is the same as the second week. Namely, once again I have a Tuesday off. So, I should be able to game on the 17th of February. Yay.

2 comments:

mikelrysk said...

yeah, on the whole getting two tuesdays off in a row.

Matt C said...

As I stated, I'm quite happy about it.