Friday, September 12, 2008

My Gaming Life Status

My life when it comes to gaming has been in a state of flux for the past month. Up until just recently, I had a 3.5 game going on Mondays that felt a little off. I'm no longer playing in that game not because I quit but due to the DM putting the game on hiatus. We were about have session TPK where the minions of the evil druid in the Sunless Citadel are about to hunt us down for burning the druids notes - by accident. Alas that day fell on Labor Day. Then the DM returned to college for the first time in ten years. The game is on hiatus with only one session left. There's no replacement game as the DM was the nucleus that held the group together. Therefore, like the previous Monday game, this game is on hiatus until the DM can return as either a DM or player.

So now my Mondays are free to play Living Forgotten Realms. That is until my work schedule changes or my schedule changes cause I got a new job.

I put my Pathfinder game on hiatus cause two players were uncertain about their status. So I decided to do a pick-up 4E game cause it supposed to be easier to modify than 3.x. Needless to say both players think they'll be able to play within the next month. So I'll run 4E for the next two sessions. Why? The other GM won't be ready this Tuesday and the next Tuesday is my game (as per the player that only plays in my game). The following Tuesday (aka the one after the upcoming Tuesday) will be one player's first 4E experience. Then we'll decide whether or not we'll continue playing Pathfinder or play something else. One of the players has ordered the Pathfinder Beta.

In a month or so, James Mishler's Greyhawk game should resume. I'm looking forward to playing more AD&D 1E set in the World of Greyhawk. Although some of us wouldn't mind doing some playtesting...

Granted that all depends on whether or not my work schedule changes or not.

No comments: