Thursday, December 29, 2016

12ish Days of Blogging: How I Performed on my 2016 New Year's Resolution

On the fourth day of my 12ish Days of Blogging I give to thee: my summation on how well I followed my New Year's resolution from the beginning of the year. What's that you say? The end of the year isn't for a couple more days? First, most people quit their New Year's resolutions after a month or two. So the mere fact I kept in mind is impressive. Okay, that is impressive.  Guess, I can follow a New Year's resolution for a long period of time. So early spoilers - modesty may elude me. Fair warning. Second, two more days isn't changing the outcome. Suppose that'll happen when only two days remain in a year.


What you never read my 2016 New Year's Resolution? Well, here's the POST.


So how'd I do?


For starters, technically, I certainly blogged more. Only one year did I update my blog more and during that year I'd update occasionally more than once or twice a day. Not blogging twice or more a day was unspoken cardinal rule of mine this year. Admittedly, I skirted the rule a handful of times if you count blogging near midnight and not waiting 24 hours before the next I blogged.


Heck, if you double the number of posts from 2015 (as I resumed blogging in June), 62-and-counting (okay, counting for maybe another two days) is more than 50. So my frequency did increase.


Yeah, here's where the 'but' comes in... all year I planned to blog more. There's much, much more didn't write. Yet. Most of those subjects haven't been lost to the aether. I'll get to them eventually. Just didn't so this year.


So as a perfectionist, I am not 100% happy but as a whole I did blog more.


As I blog more, I did give my two cents a heckuva lot. Other than some episode highlights that were more of recap than a review and the occasional time I hyped something, I gave my opinion. So I'd say it's fair to say that I stated my two cents often enough that met my resolution here.


Reading comics... not so much. Granted, I did read some comics and write some reviews. Nowhere near what I envisioned when I made my resolution.


Gaming on the other hand, I gamed not only far more than I expected but gamed more than I wrote about here! I suffered writer's block figuring which game session report to write when! Know the subject matter that I hadn't written about yet? Most of it is about gaming sessions. While one or two gaming-related posts probably won't occur before 2016 is done, there probably will be one or two as part of my 12ish Days of Blogging.


So overall, despite disappointment with comics reading, I'd have to say I met New Year's Resolution of 2016. I didn't give up on my blog. I gamed. Watched TV shows that fit the blog's parameters. I did read more than one comic book. Heck, I discovered I could blog for five or more days straight. If not for technical difficulties, a fourth 12ish Day would have came yesterday. Although, it would have been about a different subject matter, but I digress.

In fact, I am pleased enough with my success that I'll try my hand at a 2017 New Year's Resolution. I'll let you know if, what, that is on New Year's.


Till my 5th 12ish Days.

No comments: