Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Interesting News: March 2017

Back during January, I did an installment of 'interesting news', which was a collection of links I found of interest. Never did do a part two although my Rebirth entry included some of what I would have included. As March comes to close, I figured I'd do a March installment. While much of it will be from March, I may include links to comics, role-playing, games, and wrestling news stories as far back as January. Or until I get tired as I am blogging stream-of-conscious and all...


Classic D&D modules return! - Tales of the Yawning Portal whetting your appetite for classic Dungeons & Dragons modules? The classic modules not enough but want 5E stats as well? Well, if you checked out the link, Goodman and WotC are collaborating to do exactly that in glorious hardcover editions. Really hope these are available at FLGCS everywhere because I want 'em!


Marvel's Generations - Okay, the concept of Marvel's Generations has me intrigued - 10 rookie heroes partnered (somehow) with the hero that inspired them has the potential to be a groundbreaking work. Would be cool if Alex Ross provided the art but don't think that will happen. Don't think any resurrections (Logan, Bruce, Mar-Vell) will occur or last but I may be wrong. As Secret Empire will be raging, I may wait for the trade instead. Although, my attitude toward the series may change by then...


Shutter lens Spidey-eyes! - There will be limited number of emotive shutter lenses for a Spider-Man mask for any cosplay based on the CA: Civil War movie costume! Pretty cool to see them work. Would be cool if more were made in the future.


On the chances of MCU crossovers - Alas, it took the actor of the Falcon to point out explicitly why we haven't seen crossovers between the Marvel television series and films: they are different divisions. Rather sad that none of the heads of both departments could not be a frank with fans. Maybe we'll get an Agents of SHIELD/Inhumans/Defenders crossover someday?


Deadpool 2 Teaser - Did you see the movie Logan? Remember the Deadpool 2 teaser? Thought that it was just for fun and whet one's appetite? Well, you're correct.


100 episodes of The Walking Dead! - When The Walking Dead premiered, I didn't think the show would reach 100 episodes. As I am a couple seasons behind, I didn't know the series will soon reach such a milestone! Like the article writer suggests I bet the next arc is "All Out War!" Would be cool if the show ran another 100 episodes though.


Disney Afternoon 8-bit games return! - I grew up watching the Disney Afternoon block. The NES game DuckTales is one of those games I always wanted to play but never played enough of. As such I eagerly anticipate having the chance to play the DuckTales, Chip 'N' Dale's Rescue Rangers, and Talespin 8-bit games on my PC!


Christian-Angle-Dory Funk Jr-Jeff Hardy - Here's a nice little picture of wrestling history showing Kurt Angle, Christian, and Jeff Hardy being trained by the legendary Dory Funk Jr.


Frank Oz on ABC Muppets Failure - I stopped watching the latest iteration of The Muppets because it felt... off.  The mockumentary format just didn't click for me. In that, I agree with Frank Oz. As for "purity", I had no problem with the adult tones. The muppets weren't very likeable though.


Warpath or Thunderbird on X-men the show? - Well, it seems either John or James Proudstar (aka Thunderbird and Warpath) may be in the upcoming X-men television show. That would be cool although I am concerned about the use of the name 'Sam'. I suppose I would also prefer James (aka Thunderbird II/Warpath) to be the Proudstar in question as I can more easily see him leading such an underground group. Plus think of the eventual comic book tie-ins...


Jean Grey Deleted Scene - There will apparently be a deleted scene in the Logan blu-ray referencing Jean Grey.


Hugh Jackman and Wolverine Mask - Haha! Here's a humorous picture of Hugh Jackman holding a Wolverine mask.


Christopher Daniels Interview - a nice brief interview with the new Ring of Honor World Champion Christopher Daniels. Forgot about his comics collaboration!


Bully Ray on his RoH appearance - I was pleasantly surprised to find out that wrestler Bully Ray appeared in Ring of Honor. Here's the man's words on what he thinks of the RoH product and what he hopes to bring to it. Think he'll bring much to the RoH product


Logan movie influences? - Here's a list of 15 movies that may very well have served as influences for the movie Logan.


Till next time.























No comments: