Sunday, January 31, 2016

Status of New Year's Resolution

Around the New Year, I made a resolution to blog more and, by extension, do more of the stuff that concerns my blog. So as a lark, how did I do?


Blogging

Not counting this entry, I posted four separate entries during the month of January. Not as many as I hoped. However, I average four blog entries per month. Well, at least since I resumed blogging anyway. If I maintain this pace, I'll produce 48 entries for the year 2016. That's more than 2010 and 2011 combined! Furthermore, if I hadn't set my television week from Tuesday through Monday, another television round up would have been posted. So once, the next episodes of X-Files and Lucifer air, expect another entry. Verdict: C - I am keeping pace at least.


Comics

Honestly, my activity has not changed at all. I haven't even read the Christmas comics that I meaning to. Verdict: F


Gaming

I played a session of Dungeons & Dragons. A session that I wasn't planning on playing. Was going to play a second session but opted to watch Star Wars: The Force Awakens for a second time as well as the second episode of X-Files and the Lucifer pilot instead. Verdict: A - realistically, this is what I expect by gaming more. My schedule is not gaming friendly. That aside, playing a session won't pass muster a month or two from now.


Television/Movies/Wrestling

While I haven't watched as many movies or as much wrestling as I would like, January is a dry month for me when it comes to movies. Frankly, I don't think many would care what my revised opinion of Star Wars The Force Awakens is more than a month after the movie's debut. As for wrestling, okay, that's a work in progress. However, I don't have access to weekly shows nor am I regularly PPV viewer. So my expectations are low. As for television, I wrote, or will write, two weeks of shows that include comic book-based shows. Verdict: A - sure my expectations are low right now but my output far exceeds my previous output so far.

Overall Verdict

I am going to give myself a C. For the most part, I think I have met my New Year's resolution for the month of January. I am not quite throwing up posts just to add them. There's a germ of plan, which I am following. Due to time constraints, I am realistically pursuing my blog-related hobbies. We'll see how I do in February.



No comments: