Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Look what's coming out for ANAD Marvel in March!

Mid-January approaches, which means comics shops once again start their orders for comics shipping two months in advance, ie March. My original intent was to highlight whatever cool new comic was solicited within the January previews regardless if it was of Marvel's ANAD initiative. However, time wasn't on my side simply because I now have to focus on my own personal order to submit to my FLCS (favorite local comics shop). So without further ado, here's my final new #1's for ANAD titles. Come February I hope to provide shout outs, or sarcastic quips, towards new comics from more than just Marvel.


  • International Iron Man - I bought more Iron Man comics in the last couple months than I ever expected to. Heck, Iron Man has not been on my buy list for years. While I still guffaw at Tony's adopted status, a more introspective title appeals to me. Doctor Doom as supporting cast member helps too! Heard great things about the Bendis/Maleev team on Daredevil so that foretells good things ahead. I'll probably give this a try.
  • Hyperion - Not sure how this squares with Squadron Supreme. Hmm. Probably should read Squadron Supreme as that will hopefully answers that question. So Hyperion is in cognito. While ANAD craze consumes me, I think I'll stick with the original, ie Superman, whose maintaining a low profile.
  • X-men '92 - Absolutely loved the 90's Fox Kids show! This will be an impulse if nothing else.
  • Black Widow - If any character represents Marvel's publishing approach with ANAD, one could not find a better candidate than Black Widow. To anyone who only knows Marvel through its cinematic universe, a Black Widow title would seem a no-brainer. In fact, several different Black Widow were published over the years. Note: I said several. Since ANAD admits that books are maxi-series of undefined length, Black Widow fits. Mark Waid helms the latest Black Widow book combined with the latest concept is that she is on the run and what secrets will be released next promise a thrilling book. May give it a go.
  • Mockingbird - With Mockingbirds involvement in Agents of SHIELD, a solo on-going is a given. Not sure how long this will last what with an already crowded marketplace and published the same time as the big Avengers event, Standoff. Positive fan support will be needed.


No comments: