Saturday, October 31, 2015

OneBookShelf Jack O' Lantern Haul 2015 (Halloween 2015 Part One)

Every Halloween OneBookShelf (OBS) publishing has a trick or treat jack o' lantern search where one hunts down images of jack o' lanterns throughout the participating sites. A jack o' lantern signifies either a trick or a treat. The treat is a free ebook whereas a trick is a gag item. While OBS did have a trick for a number of years, they have stopped the practice the last couple years. Although I don't recall if I have participated in every annual jack o' lantern hunt, it has been a Halloween tradition for me. The sites that I have scoured through are DriveThru RPG, DriveThru Comics, and DriveThru Fiction. Don't know how long the treats last; but here's a rundown of this year's treats.


DriveThru RPG
Wolfsheim for the Scion RPG
Better Angels - a rather unique rpg where one plays a villain who struggles with a demon within that grants powers to the villain. A different player controls the demon.
The Book of Archetypes - for All-Flesh Must be Eaten RPG, quick characters for when the zombies are too effective at killing the PC's.
King Arthur Pendragon, 1st edition - Pendragon is an RPG that has long been on my must list. The RPG archivist/historian in me is excited to read the very first iteration.
Van Richten's Guide to Fiends - a classic Ravenloft (AD&D 2E). Fits the Halloween theme perfectly.
Laboratory of the Forsaken
Encyclopaedia Arcane: Demonology


An excellent haul if I do say so myself.


DriveThru Comics
The Necromancer Volume 1 Trade - a Top Cow book that has piqued my interest. Plus, free trade!
Jirni #1
Deadworld - Frozen Over #1
Vincent Price Presents: Gallery Omnibus - basically, pictures of Vincent Price.
Dragonstorm #1
The Lexian Chronicles #1
Monster Candy


Mostly unknowns but a great price. Free.


DriveThru Fiction
Dark Ages Clan Novel #1: Nosferatu - As long-time fan of the Old World of Darkness and Dark Ages in particular, I'm excited.
Apex Magazine October 2011 (Issue 29)
Deadlands Dime Novel 01: Perdition's Daughter - Deadlands is a weird western RPG that I would have liked to play but either never got a chance or was too apathetic when I did. I like weird westerns.
The Raven - Don't think this is Poe poem...
Courting the King in Yellow (The Parted Veil Series: Book One) - A modern King in Yellow story.
Awesome!
Obsessed


Another excellent haul even if I have no idea what the three other books are as the other three more than compensate for them.


RPGNow - While not part of the Trick or Treat promotion, Troll Lord Games offered a free pdf of the Demon Hunter class for Amazing Adventures to celebrate Halloween. Never had the privilege to sample Amazing Adventures but a demon hunter character in a setting of pulp adventure is too good to pass up!


Tomorrow, I plan (okay, hope) to post about how I celebrated the week of Halloween. My thoughts and reviews of: The Last Witch Hunter, Vertigo 2015 Preview, iZombie season 2, draugr, what I consider Halloween episodes of The Player and Sleepy Hollow, Grimm Season 4 premiere, and Howling Commandos of S.H.I.E.L.D. #1.



No comments: