Saturday, November 21, 2015

The Final Halloween 2015 Post - Television Edition

If you've been following my blog for last month or so, then you know that instead of writing one gigantic blog post concerning Halloween and the week leading up to it, I decided to break it down into several smaller entries. Finally, almost a month after of the fact here's my final Halloween 2015 post. The television shows that I watched either on Halloween or that I felt were Halloween-related during the week prior.


iZombie - On Halloween, I managed to catch up on two episodes that had been pending, ie the first two episodes of the second season. The second season gathers the strands left over from the ending of the first and hits the ground running. Its rather surreal seeing Blaine as a mortal.


Grimm - Halloween eve marked the season premiere of the fourth season of Grimm. Very good. Nick gets pushed through the mental rollercoaster in this episode as not only does he have to deal with the loss of two important women in his life but he has to contend with the fact that those losses have been covered up. We're also introduced to the season's big bad. I expect another major status quo change by season's end.


Sleepy Hollow - If not for the crossover with Bones, I would not consider this a Halloween episode as the supernatural is a regular occurrence. Loved the interplay between the respective leads. The draugr were a nice touch. Coincidentally, I read an article on the draugr on Halloween itself. Thus raising the importance of this episode in my mind and amazed by how much Sleepy Hollow got right about the draugr. Plus being an avid Skyrim fan and player contributed to my enjoyment immensely.


The Player - The Player doesn't deal with the macabre all that much so a serial killer that made sacrifices to Odin on Halloween is a more than a tad out of the ordinary. The coincidence that two Norse-related episodes from to two different television series would air concurrently tickles my fancy. Not sure how accurate to the myths or historical accuracy the sacrifices were... Watching Wesley Snipes's character defeat the killer at episode's end was a hoot.

No comments: