Saturday, July 18, 2009

Distractions

Been meaning to post more especially in regards to my Serenity game. Instead I keep getting distracted. Some are things I normally wouldn't comment on while others I have been meaning to comment on. So I figure I'd just list them as that would be cathartic.

Here they are:
Politics, the economy, and workplace drama - don't want to discuss why on this blog. Suffice it to say I haven't been in the mood to post Serenity stuff all week. Especially today...

The Mishler ramblings on the industry - This occupied a night or two of my time. Spent last night read all three threads on ENWorld. Meant to comment but I have decided against it as it would pointless now.

There's another negative reason, or two actually, why I haven't been in the mood to post more; but I'm not going to mention them here.

Other more blog related reasons:
1) I'm reading X-page previews of comics online again. I used to check out the preview pages of the next week's comics all the time. Stopped doing that for a couple years. Only recently have I started reading comics previews on Newsarama. So yeah I have been reading some comics, albeit only five or six pages. Its been reinvigorating.

2) Been working on storing my comics as well as figure out what trimming my pull list. Hit a bottleneck on the former. That has prompted me to focus on what to cut from my comics pull list. I admit that its funny that not keeping up with everything that I purchase doesn't discourage me but storage issues does. That may or may not lead to future post.

3) Worked and turned in my July-September Previews order at my LCS. Took a lot of time. Plus I had to resist the urge to add a lot of stuff. May actually comment on the comics/books I decided not to pre-order.

4) The 50% off Criterion Collection at Barnes and Noble has drawn a lot of attention. Fellini's 8 and half served as a major influence on LARP I ran several years ago and thus has been an item I have wanted for awhile now. Ditto Seven Samurai - although that didn't influence any game I ran, directly anyway. Because its a major influence of Star Wars, Hidden Fortress has been on my radar. Only now have I found a copy available. While browsing the sale, other Criterion Collection movies have grabbed my attention. Sigh...

No comments: