Saturday, January 24, 2009

RPG Publisher Xmas Sales

There were role-playing game company's X-mas sales I participated in, Palladium and Troll Lord Games. I waited until the last shipment to arrive before commenting. Ironically, that was the one from TLG despite ordering on Christmas Day, which arrived Friday (yesterday). Too many bottlenecks I guess.

Anyway, I took advantage of some of the bundles Troll Lord Games offered on both their site and RPGNow. Namely some Gygaxian books, d20 books, and the core C&C books as either PDF or hardcopy. I'm proud to say I own a copy of Upper Works. The other physical books were Yggburg Hardcover, Gord the Rogue Hardcover, and the Crusader subscription. I may discuss the PDF's a la a "review" at a later date. Too many to list.

I try to participate in the annual Palladium X-mas Grab Bag every year. Don't always manage to order one; but this year I did at close to the last second. All in all, I was moderately satisfied with this year's grab bag. The crown was a copy of the new game, Dead Reign. I also liked receiving both Land of the Damned One and Two for Palladium Fantasy. What discouraged me was that I received the latest two issues of the Rifter since I have a subscription. At least, one of them was autographed. Since I may renew my Rifter subscription with this year's Super-Subscription Offer, next year I probably should request that I not receive any recent Rifters. Hmm. I may actually have to inventory my Rifters so I have a list of what I don't have. That may actually be easier.

No comments: