Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Enjoying my Retro Duo Part 2

I hit a milestone for my Retro Duo as I purchased a game. Granted, I have four games already but I figured why not buy a fifth. Afterall, NES and SNES are no longer expensive as they once were. So I went to one of the secondhand video games stores. There, I saw a copy of Captain America and the Avengers for the 8-bit NES. As a long time comics fan, and with fond memories of the arcade game, I purchased it.

Once I got home I decided to play it. Only to discover that so far it doesn't resemble the arcade game. At all. Now, I could be confusing this with the SNES version. Will have to check with game faqs at a later time.

Confusion aside, the game plays alright although I've discovered that I am no longer used to the stiff controls of older games. That it'll come in time. What's frustrating is like my other four games I've also reached a point where I'm stuck. Oh well. Practice and Game Faqs makes perfect. Hopefully...

2 comments:

mikelrysk said...

hey matt, just leaving a comment and letting you know I have a blog on here now.

Matt C said...

Duly noted. You have been added to my blog list, Mike.