Saturday, January 24, 2009

Interesting News: New UFC Champ ( I think?)

I normally don't watch the UFC. However, I have been slightly interested in watching it at least. Today, I happened to stumble over an airing right around the main event. If it wasn't for the fact that Brock Lesnar was involved in that match I probably would have continued channel surfing. I'm a huge wrestling fan so I decided to watch the match to see whether or not Lesnar would win against Randy Couture (sp?). As a wrestling fan, I have mixed views on Lesnar. On one hand, I'm glad he's gone from wrestling. On the other hand, he's charismatic enough that I root for the guy. With that in mind, I watched the match. Brock Lesnar won and is now the champ. I think so anyway. Its possible the match was a rerun. Like I said I normally don't watch UFC.

As for UFC and MMA, I am ambivalent. I understand the appeal and may like some day. On the other hand, its like watching two people fight in a school yard. I suspect that I have grown accostumed to some aspects of sports entertainment that I can't truly appreciate a more sports-oriented event. Then again, other than pro wrestling I don't watch sports.

No comments: