Thursday, June 13, 2019

Comics Haul: The Week of 6/12/19


Welcome to this week's edition of my comics haul of those comic books and trade paperbacks (well book format comics...) released to the public on 6/12/19. If you're puzzled because you've never seen a blog post of my comics haul before, don't fret. I haven't blogged my weekly haul since... maybe 2009?

I stopped for a number of reasons. One, listing them felt tedious. I simply didn't possess the technology to snap a photo. Ergo, I needed to list them. Second, my trips to the comics shop become less weekly for a spell. Third, longtime readers can attest I can't really keep up on my purchases. Which led to my fourth and final reason why I ceased blogging my latest haul, listing the comics haul for the sake of listing them.

What's changed since then?

Technology. I have the technology. With my smartphone I can snap a picture and then upload said photo to my blog.

Social media. Social media has encouraged me to show off my latest purchases. Okay, maybe encourage is the wrong word... share... share is the word.

Lack of comics blogging. Comics is the literally the first word after my name on this blog's title. Blog about wrestling more than I do comics. At the very least, my haul from my latest trip to comics shop will remedy that.

More incentive to review comics: More of a longshot, but I may become more motivated to blog about the actual comics and trades that I've shared pictures of on my blog. Sigh... or demonstrate I'm reducing what I buy...

A couple ground rules:

1) I am only showing comics and trades (maybe Big Finish Audio CDs) that I purchase at my FLCGS the week they arrive. If Diamond doesn't list the product on that day, I am not including it. If my I don't buy from my local comics shop, I don't consider it part of my comics haul.

2) This weekly and only the week thereof. If I make a trip to comics shop once during a month, there won't be any Comics Haul blog entries. Not listing all those comics! If I miss a week and go the next, same thing. Once I resume a regular rotation, then the Comics Haul blog category resumes.


So here's my haul for the week of 6/12/2019


A smattering of Disney, Vertigo, and superhero action.





The comic in the middle is Hawkman #13.


Think this is the final issue of Amazing Spider-Man that I am collecting from the current run. Not reading 24 issues is more than enough reason to call it quits. Likewise with Detective Comics. Much more than 24 issues await my To Read pile; however I wanted to finish collecting the story began in Detective Comics #1000/



The Star Trek crew is the animated series crew.



A fairly light week...

Next time

No comments: