Thursday, June 1, 2017

Forgot about Darths & Droids!

First of June so figured it was high time to blog once more. Hadn't blogged more during May simply because I couldn't pick subject matter to focus on first! Good thing I don't write or blog for a living hehe


Must admit it would be June (insert date); and I would still be deciding which idea I've been procrastinating over to blog about. Decided what the heck I'll scroll through the blog as if I am visitor. Don't really do that all that much anymore when I glanced at the left hand header Webcomics and saw the Webcomic Darths &Droids.


'Ah, Darths & Droids, that is a webcomic I have not read in very, very long time.' Pardon the Obi-Wan reference pun.


Okay, to be fair, I had been thinking about Darths and Droids since I learned via social media that they completed the story from Episode I to Episode VI! Yeah, I know and they know Disney has released a couple more but back when the strip debuted back in the 2000s we were led to believe the prequels were the last of the Star Wars movies.


What is Darths and Droids you ask?


Darths and Droids is a webcomic inspired by the webcomic DM of the Rings, which uses photo scans from the movies to create a comic page. The story told with each comic page captures what would have happened during each scene if it was the result of a role-playing game. Both the in-character and out-of-character chatter is included. As any gamer would tell you the dialogue would be very different...


I stopped reading Darths and Droids simply because it fell out of habit. In fact, regular webcomic reading dropped to non-existence. Didn't help that I began collecting significantly more comics and my gaming became non-existent. Last time I followed the strip they were still on the Phantom Menace. Yep, that long.


So if you want to mix role-playing games, comics, and the Star Wars movies, there's Darths and Droids. Speaking of which, I should probably catch up!


Happy Reading!

No comments: