Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Cody Rhodes as Black Bolt?!

November comes to a close. What better way to mark the occasion than a possibility for the role of Black Bolt. Oh and to write this post via smartphone! 

So whose the latest possibility for the role of Black Bolt according to the interwebs? Why, wrestler Cody Rhodes!

Say what?! You may ask. Well, Marvel hasn't said a thing but apparently Cody is a big and would love to play him in the upcoming eight episode (?!) first season. Sorry, no links. I , er, don't know how to include links on Blogger via smartphone...

Honestly, I think the former Stardust could do a decent job. His recent appearance on Arrow wasn't half bad. Heck, I would love it if he reprised the character later on. Cody has the charisma and build to pull off the role of Black Bolt. Years of wrestling experience required conveying oneself nonverbally. Something that's a must playing the king of the Inhumans. The only catch is would his television spark translate to the Big Screen? Sure, Cody dazzles on the silver screen but could he do so in cinemas worldwide as the Inhumans film has not been scrapped? 

I don't know the answer to that. Cody left the WWE because of glass ceilings. So he hasn't demonstrated if he can shine up at the top. So while I think Cody could do a stellar job as young Black Bolt on the television, how well he can carry a movie as the silent regal monarch eludes me. 

Then again, if such non A-lists stars such as Robert Downey Jr and Chris Pratt can not only carry a Marvel movie while becoming A-list, Cody has a good shot at the role as anyone else. Certainly not deserving of a Michael Keaton-like reaction. Last I recall that Batman wasn't considered a dud


As for my first experience blogging via smartphone? It was... an experience. Not bad. I kept it very simple. More familiarity is a must! Needless to say, I prefer blogging using my PC in the meantime.

Till next time whether it be by phone or PC.

No comments: