Monday, April 4, 2016

Achieved 5th level in D&D 5E/Adventurer's League for the First Time!

I have played Living Greyhawk (LG) and Living Forgotten Realms (LFR) for years. One accomplishment I never achieved in organized play was a character reaching fifth level. Fifth level holds a special place in Adventurer's League - the organized play (OP) opportunity for the fifth edition of Dungeons and Dragons. As D&D is a level-based game and OP can lead to a diverse assortment of levels, Adventurer's League splits characters into groups of levels. Those categories are 1 - 4, 5 - 10, and up. Thus fifth level means a character can participate within the next category of modules. For a host of reasons, my local group refers to levels five through ten as high level.


So I am exuberant to state that my Dragonborn Paladin, Ser Rhogar, has achieved level 5!


After ten play sessions, my paladin has finally reached fifth level. Now, I can play in what currently constitutes high level play at my local OP group. As I stated earlier, a 5th-level character is the highest level any PC of mine has reached in either LG, LFR, or AL. For that reason, I am excited most of all.


Just in time too as today I start playing season 4 modules, the Ravenloft/Barovia arc which virtually requires me to create a new character. Really didn't want three characters within the 1 - 4 range.

No comments: