Saturday, January 30, 2010

Got my copy of the Doctor Who RPG

Recently, my copy of the latest Doctor Who RPG arrived at my LCGS. As both a gamer and Doctor Who fan, I perk up at the mention of either an adaptation or RPG dealing with our favorite time lord. Way back, I picked Time Lord. Overall, I thought Time Lord wasn't a bad game. What saddened me was a lack of character creation rules. So I never played or ran it. It also didn't help most of my friends at the time had no experience with Doctor Who.

The current batch of folks I game with are familiar with the good Doctor. So when Cubicle 7 announced that they had the Doctor Who license, I was excited to order a copy. Now, I didn't expect to play or run it. I just wanted to have a copy and show to those who were at least familiar with the property. With that said, I was delighted when my copy of the boxed set arrived. At some point in time, I'll probably provide a review of some sort although I don't know if it'll have play experience included. That's really up to my gaming group.

2 comments:

mikelrysk said...

So, when are you going to bring it and show it to us? I can't wait, I want to see how well they did on it.

Matt C said...

I am hoping that I'll bring my copy of the latest Doctor Who RPG tonight.