Monday, March 19, 2018

My First Order From Palladium Books in YEARS Part One



Tonight, I did something I have not done in years. About a decade, I believe.


Remember back in December when I blogged about the very first Digital Palladium Books Digital Christmas Grab Bag? Well, there were other sales occurring as well. Among those sales were half off on Robotech RPG books (the post 2000s). Missed the Robotech sale. Oh well, maybe next sale. After all, the books were published years ago. Not like I was playing the RPG anyway. Then, would miss both the physical and digital Christmas Grab Bag because I couldn't remember my how to log into my old store account. Weirdly enough I could log into the message boards...


Flash forward to the beginning of the month and the news began to trickle in. Robotech RPG Tactics didn't go the way everyone thought it would. Doubted I did. But I thought it would just be typical Palladium delays. Not the cluster it actually became. However, the sordid tale of Robotech RPG Tactics is best told by others. What's even worse was that once again Palladium Books lost the rights to Robotech.


Robotech is among my favorite anime. Okay, Americanized anime. Big fan of the old line of RPG books Palladium released years ago (late 80s to mid 90s). During New Year, New Game on Drive Thru RPG, I purchased PDFs of all the old Robotech RPG books despite having access to the physical copies.


With the news the Robotech license expires at the end of the month and Palladium liquidating the Robotech RPGs books of the relaunch, the time to buy was now.


So I visit the site and suddenly my old log in pops into my mind. Yes, the same log in that eluded me back during the X-Mas grab bag. Eluded me for hours before giving. The very same log in dawns on me in a Eureka moment and I am greeted by a familiar account name.


Yes, after years. Maybe a decade. Not since I ordered the manga edition of the Robotech: Shadow Chronicles RPG and a couple years of grab bags, did I place an order with Palladium Books. Whatever Robotech RPG (not Tactics - still too rich for me) book from the relaunch (pretty much all of them) I ordered.


Overall, Palladium's "new" storefront is much more intuitive than the old one. Although, it appears everything needs to be manually re-entered with each order like the old store front. Won't know until I order again.


Since today's order is my first order from Palladium Books in years, it feels like I am ordering for the first time. As such I dub this part one. Will blog about how everything works out.


Next time.



No comments: