Sunday, April 5, 2009

Gaming: End of March sales events

Readers of this blog may recall my excitement over two end-of-march sales. Those two were the Rifter Super Subscription and Paizo's half off Dragon/Dungeon/Polyhedron magazines. Well, as March ended another event was brought to my attention, the Lulu author contest. Namely, the Fight On! hardcover compilation and a handfull of Old-School gaming gooodies.

Of those three events the only one I participated in was the Rifter Super Subscription special. Self fulfilling prophecy reared its head such that I hadn't figured out which magazine issues I wanted from the Paizo deal. Combined with being overwhelmed from options such as the Lulu stuff, I decided not to order from Paizo. Likewise, I didn't order from Lulu due to last-minute pressure and fear of shipping costs.

Yesterday, I received a shipment from Palladium. Based on the packaging, I thought it was an issue of the Rifter. As I opened the package, I wondered when the free gift would arrive. As it turns out, it was the free gift. A copy of Rifts: Tales of the Chi-Town Burbs Anthology. And it was signed!. Now I wonder which issue of the Rifter I'll receive. The one that came out when my subscription ended or the "April" issue.

No comments: