Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Comics Haul 8/19/2020


Six months! It's been six months, or about six months give or take, since my last published blog entry. Half a year is long blogging drought; but I went more than a couple years without blogging so it wasn't too long of a hiatus. How do I typically try to break a blogging hiatus? By posting my latest comics haul from my favorite local comics shop, of course!

Due to COVID-19 messing things up, my comics haul has shrunk substantially:



Conan: Battle For the Serpent Crown #4

Way back when Marvel re-acquired the license to Conan the Barbarian, I stated the only thing of significance Marvel could do with character was having the Cimmerian rub shoulders with Marvel Universe. Battle for the Serpent Crown is basically Conan interacting with the heroes of the Marvel Universe and fighting them over a misunderstanding in the Mighty Marvel Manner!



Power of Shazam Book One HC. 

Back in the late 90's, when I returned to comics after a hiatus, I recall reading good things about Jerry Ordway's take on Captain Marvel. It was too late for me to pick up the series at that point so Power of Shazam became a maybe one day I will stumble over some back issues or a trade. Here's my chance with the In the Beginning hardcover.



Free Comic Book Day: Donald Duck

One side effect of Covid-19 is Free Comic Book Day transforming from a one day event to a steady trickle each week of free comics. I am huge fan of Disney comics; and with Fantagraphics's Disney Masters line falling outside my budget regularly, I appreciate the chance to read a sample of the line.



Aquaman 62. Two part fill-in story. Part one.



Captain America #22. 

My understanding is the most recent volume of Captain America written by Ta-Nehisi Coates is nearing its end. If issue 25 is the final issue of the volume, then the end is near. Maybe Marvel will surprise us and NOT restart a title with the same writer.

Knock on wood, I don't go another six months without blogging.

Next time.






No comments: