Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Happy 68th Birthday Peanuts Gang!


Two historic occasions occurred upon this day. One, this will be my 365th blog entry. If I blogged daily, I've finally reached a full year's worth of blogging! Only took... er a decade and roughly four months to do so.


What's that, you say? You want to know what tonight's blog entry is really about? It's not enough for you to bask in my blogging accomplishment?


If you're response to my question is "Good Grief!", you're much closer to the second milestone and what today's blog entry is really about... The 68th anniversary of the Peanuts comic strip and the Charlie Brown and the rest of the gang!





Image courtesy of the Charles M. Schulz Museum


The Peanuts comic strip holds a fond place in my heart; and while my interest did wane at times, I've grown to appreciate the strip more and more the older I get. Plus, I find I identify with the characters more as I age while the stay the same age locked in comic strip time.


What better way to celebrate the Peanuts comic strip than a twenty minute video primer on Schultz, the comic strip itself, and its cultural impact? Runs about 20 minutes and there is an ad at around the 14 minute mark that lasts 2 minutes.





Pretty neat. I admit I never knew one or two of the bonus facts mentioned after the ad. No spoilers...

Speaking of Peanuts I do plan to finally kick that football, er read the holiday-oriented strips and blog about them this year. Unless the football is pulled away...

Happy 68th Birthday Peanuts comic strip!

Till my next 365th blog entry! Even if it takes another decade...

Next time.

No comments: