Sunday, April 22, 2018

Initial Impression of the WWE Network



Since regaining access to high-speed internet, I have toyed with the idea of signing up for the WWE Network. Was I still into sports entertainment? Could I sit through hours of pro wrestling for it to be worth my while? Enough hours in the day?


Then a couple weeks ago, on the day of WrestleMania, I took the plunge. I signed up for the WWE Network.


So after watching WrestleMania 34 and hours of WWE programming (ironically, I've viewed Hulu-available shows such as 205 Live and NXT on the Network), here's my initial impressions.


Good: PPVs are much, much cheaper than they used to be! Plus, the first month is free to new subscribers.


Bad: Don't seem to be considered a new subscriber as I was charged already. Going to have to call...


Good: Note how I stated how I doubted my pro wrestling watching stamina? Irrelevant. I can pause a program and resume viewing whenever I desire. Kind of like Netflix and better than Hulu in that regard.


Good: Commercials are un-intrusive.


Bad: There doesn't appear to be a home screen. Some sort of programming always starts playing unless you search for a program.


So-So: A watchlist is a must if you don't want to keep searching for a program such as classic programming!


Good: Library is extensive as is. Between PPVs and what's on the WWE Network, I can easily justify the fee.


Overall: I am quite pleased! Bring on the Greatest Royal Rumble on Friday! Which I will watch in segments over the course of several days...


Next time.

No comments: