Wednesday, January 4, 2017

12ish Days of Blogging: Shape of Things To Come and Other 12 Days/New Year's Stuff in the Blogosphere

On the tenth day of my 12ish Days of Blogging, I give to thee another blogger's new year's resolution, Paul Cornell's 12 blogs, and the tentative plan I have for my blog for the next six months. Believe I mentioned it before, but I used to frequent the blogosphere regularly and occasionally spread the word of blogger's works. Since my 12ish Days became more a New Year's thing instead of Christmas thing, yeah the timing played a role on my psyche, I tout another blogger's New Year's Resolution. While I stated Paul Cornell inspired my 12ish days, I figured it would only be proper if I provided links to his stuff. Meanwhile, with an entire year ahead, I want to let you, oh gentle reader, aware of what I have planned ahead. And by plan I mean tentative cause when it comes to blogging I'm like what Heath Ledger's Joker says about plans and not having no clue what to do with it.


Anyway...


The blog Outsyder Gaming examines 2016 goals as well as presents 2017 goals HERE. Have to say, that's quite the New Year's Resolutions for both 2016 and 2017. Very detailed. I'm in awe...


Meaningful post:
Admittedly, one can say practically all my posts are a variation of 'hey, isn't this cool!' Do write the occasional gem though. Think my piece on Wonder Woman and New Year's Resolutions was some pretty top-notched stuff. Sure, it could probably have been fleshed out more but its deeper than any solicitations hype given how succinct it was. Would be neat to try but I don't think I'd try for one a month. Cause that probably won't happen that way...


Writing project:
Years back when the Rifter was just being started by Palladium Books I tinkered with the notion of submitting a piece. If there's any writers whose name could be abbreviated to Matt C, that's not me. Never wrote anything. Love gaming. Occasionally I come up with ideas. But if I do they're probably going up on this blog and not in a forum such as the Rifter. My ideas simply never get fleshed out to be a full article let alone a book. So that definitely leaves out running my own business.


What you're tired of New Year's talk? Okay, Paul Cornell's entries are a little more Christmas-y. Okay, they're mostly plans for this year but Christmas is in the title. And they were written in December. And there's only 5 of them... Yeah, I suppose when you're a professional writer blogging twelve installments becomes more than a little tedious. After blogging for roughly ten days in a row, it becomes an exercise in willpower at this point.


Paul Cornell's reasoning for leaving licenses and doing original work was Day One. Day Two is a little more personal but it deals with children's books he reads his son. His upcoming projects that debut on Day Three. Some additional tidbits on Day 4. The 5th Christmas blog ends on a dour, political note. Judging by the tone, Christmas came at the right time! Once again, it was this series of blog posts that inspired my 12ish Days of Blogging.


The Shape of things to Come


Had to put it in bold. Too irresistible not to.


Yes, the 12 days of Christmas ends to tomorrow. I've blogged this far so I'll finish the series and actually blog two more days. One day will center around two of the four, originally I meant to do all four, comic book-based TV show winter finales that aired within the same week. Instead, I'll do my customary episode re-caps for the Flash and Marvel's Agents of SHIELD winter finales. The Flash is basically a Christmas episode and Agents of SHIELD resumes next Tuesday and I've covered all the previous episodes. Unless some time distortion occurs, Arrow's and DC's Legends of Tomorrow will have to wait for when I do a massive recap, ala Walking Dead Season 5, of their respective seasons. The other day will feature the Disney Halloween Hex and maybe the second Disney and Mickey Christmas comic.


My original plan included my Christmas comics. However, as my 2017 resolution shows, I just never got around to reading them. So those reviews will happen sometime this month, or I'll read them and post my reviews next December.


As alluded to, many TV Rundowns await for the Flash, DC Legends of Tomorrow, Arrow, and MacGyver. Plus, I wanted to squeeze in the final episodes of last season's Grimm and Sleepy Hollow before their premiere's on the 6th but that'll come afterwards. Expect me to blog about various genre shows here. That's more likely to happen over the next sixth months than writing comic reviews. Still planning on those - just don't know how often or how many. One thing I count on is my comics blog will continue to be more of a comic-based TV blog.


Honestly, my major problem with reading comics is I collect so many yet don't have a system to organize how to read them. If I don't read them, then I can't review them. Don't think too many want to see how what my comics haul is for the sake of what it is.


Gaming will depend on my muse and how often I game. Over the next six months, I want to provide game session reports and brief reviews of the Adventurer's League and Shadowrun Missions mods that my PC's Morland Doyle, Tor, Grogg, and Nox were played in last year (and of course any this year). Took notes. Just haven't blogged them. Meanwhile, I also want to finish up my analysis on how accurate the templates are based on the character creation system within the Shadowrun 5th Edition Core Rule Book.


And as always whatever strikes my fancy. Think some of my best work was my spontaneous posts. Probably once a week or in short string of about three to five posts. Feel I do my best work and blog more frequently in bursts. Although I will take a rest afterwards...


Till my 11th installment!







No comments: