Saturday, October 3, 2009

Extreme Rules PPV DVD Review

Sometime ago, I said that the Extreme Rules PPV was PPV I would be willing to purchase on DVD based on the results. When the DVD finally arrived, I decided not to get it. Well, last week, I bought it as an impulse purchase.

My thoughts:
Extras - a post-match Chris Jericho promo. The promo itself was very exceptional. Other than that, only one extra.

The PPV itself was alright. I enjoyed all matches leading up to the steel cage match. The steel cage match sucked. To provide perspective I enjoyed the joke hog pen match more than the steel cage match. There have been better steel cage matches on free TV. Either that or I am not a big fan of both Batista or Randy Orton. The submission match was just there. Have no idea how that fit the concept of extreme rules except as a gimmick match. The ladder match was very good. CM Punk cashing in the Money the Bank to win his second World Title was icing on the cake.

My rating - I give it 2.5 out of 5 stars. A lot title changes and big wins for wrestlers I like made the dvd worth it for me. On the other hand, I came to the realization that with a moniker of Extreme Rules that the PPV didn't live up to the expectations that the name creates.

No comments: