Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Comics Haul 10/16/19



Well, about a month has past and if I want to get to back in the swing of blogging, especially my annual Halloween blog entries, it is now or never. What better way than ceasing my almost two month hiatus from my weekly Comics Haul? Here's what I purchased from my favorite local comics shop of titles released on 10/16/2019.






X-Men #1 Every Mutant Ever Variant cover. I felt getting a cover depicting every mutant once it's combined with the other variants was very cool. While I am buying most the new Hickman-verse X-titles, Fallen Angels is the only title I am not getting. So when I combine the covers, they won't display the entire panorama. Sigh, not like it would be visible in the long or short box anyway...

Wonder Woman Giant 100 Page #1 direct market edition. I prefer the reliability of my comics shop versus hunting down a copy at a big box retailer. Ongoing continuity sagas mean less and less to me; and I love the anthology format. Can't beat 100 pages either.

Savage Sword of Conan #10. Roy Thomas returning to Conan. Alan Davis on art chores. 'Nuff said.





Justice League #34. The Justice League vs the Legion of Doom. The return of the original Justice Society. Plus, Kamandi? Some exciting stuff. One of two in-continuity regular DC on-goings I currently buy and will continue until the end of the year.

Captain America #15. Scourge is back! I am pretty much on the title until Ta-Nehesi Coates's run ends.

Lucifer #13. I decided to give the Sandman Universe titles a stay from being dropped from my pull list until January in part because of John Constantine joining the 'universe'. November or December solicits will be when I finally decide whether to drop Lucifer (the title) or not.






Guardians of the Galaxy #10. Two months until Cates's run ends. I haven't decided if I will get Ewing's run or not. The cover is clickbait. Suppose, did anyone think Rocket was going to die?

Aquaman #53. I am pretty much buying Aquaman at this point because I always retroactively regret when I drop an Aquaman title. The DC Universe service alleviates my reticence somewhat. This is the other DC super hero title I am collecting until the end of the year.

Superman Year One #3. I love John Romita Jr's art. While I don't love it enough to buy his work on Action Comics, a three issue magazine that depicts Frank Miller's interpretation of the Man of Steel's origin fits my pocket book just fine. It would appear this story takes place in Miller's Dark Knight-verse as Wonder Woman hits on Superman and Batman's characterization matches that of Miller's All Star Batman and Robin title. Maybe DC will collect a Miller Omnibus collecting Superman Year One, All Star Batman and Robin, and the Dark Knight Returns/Dark Knight Strikes Again/Dark Knight Master Race trilogy (plus one-shots)? I would buy it.

A light week for me.

Next time.




No comments: